Remember: Corrections are Editing, Changes are Revising
- Check to make sure that each sentence and proper noun starts with a Capital letter.
- Check punctuation (are periods, commas, question marks, quotations, etc. where they need to be?)
- Check spelling (Is everything spelled correctly? If you aren’t sure, where can you go to find out?)
- Take out any words that don’t directly relate or enhance the piece of writing.
- Try and substitute better word choices.
- Change the sentence structure if it isn’t flowing correctly.